When I need a light dinner or an easy simple and clean meal or am feeling under the weather, I go for miso soup. Until recently I only ate miso soup at Japanese restaurants. But this soup is so easy to make I couldn't NOT try it out.
If you're newly vegan or looking for an alternative to for some chicken or egg drop soup, this will be your new go-to!
- Wakame (a large handful)
- 1 Tablespoon Japanese soy bean paste (a little goes a long way)
- 2 heads baby bok choy
- 1 bag mung bean sprouts
- 3 scallions
To Make: (serves 2-4)
- Bring water to boil in a pot with the wakame and soy beans.
- Add in the baby bok choy.
- Stir the miso paste in a small bowl with a few drops of the hot water from the pot. Then mix it in with everything else.
- Allow to simmer for about 10-15 minutes.
- Turn the flame off, let your soup cool and then enjoy. This pairs well with any sort of grain and is great with a salad as a light lunch.