Every time I make soup I wind up with leftovers I don't eat and the soup goes to waste. Last week I made a sweet potato, lentil and carrot soup. And once again wound up with tons of leftovers. Rather than tossing it I decided to create some delicious pancakes.
- Left over soup (puréed)
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Cinnamon to taste
- Cumin to taste
- Other spices to taste
- 2 tablespoons carob powder
- Cranberries, walnuts, etc to top
- If your soup is not puréed already put it in a food processor or blender and combine.
- Remove and place in a large bowl and add in the dry ingredients and desired spices. I used cumin and cinnamon because it works nicely with my sweet root vegetable soup. You can use whatever you desire.
- The batter consistency should be fairly thick.
- Coat a pan with some oil and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- To make the chocolate sauce combine carob powder with water and stir.
- Add toppings and enjoy.